Tuesday 16 February 2021

Teddy card using the Ice Cream Cone builder

I enjoyed taking on this challenge with a bit of a twist this week. I had to create something using a stamp set and punch/die from one suite and a DSP from another.


I used the Ice Cream Cone builder punch to punch three shapes from the In Good Taste DSP which I arranged to form the shape of a teddy bear then drew his features on using a black Stampin Write marker. I used a different piece of DSP to punch a cone for a party hat. 

Using Petal Pink I stamped the sprinkles across the background piece of DSP in a random pattern. This was layered onto Whisper White then onto a Petal Pink card base. The teddy was mounted centrally on top.

Finally I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso onto a piece of scrap white which I layered onto the DSP  and adhered to the bottom of the card.

I’m not crazy about the final result but it was fun to challenge myself to use the punch in a different way. 

Thanks for reading,

Bec x

1 comment:

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...