Wednesday 3 February 2021

Something old, something new...

This week’s Stampin’ Birds Team Challenge was a tricky one. It was my suggestion to do this particular theme, but when it popped up this week I immediately regretted setting it! The theme for this week was:

Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.

Here is the card that I came up with.


Something old - I used a very old Sizzix die to create the dress shape and handbag.
Something new - a brand new juicy ink pad in Seaside Spray.
Something borrowed - a paper bun case from the kitchen, to make the frill on the dress.
Something blue - a Balmy Blue card base and a blue dress.

Once I’d figured out which elements I was going, to use the card came together pretty quickly. The borrowed item was the hardest one to think of, but I was making a cake for my son’s birthday and spotted the bun cases in the cupboard. Once I’d decided to use one of these I put together the other items very easily. 

As the bun case is a curved shape it was really hard to adhere it straight on the hemline. After several attempts I gave up and decided to leave it a bit wonky! It was fun to make though and I will definitely be looking for other things around the house that can double up in the craft room.

Thanks for reading,

Bec x


1 comment:

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...