Wednesday 10 February 2021

Hey Girlfriend Card

 This week’s Stampin’ Birds’ Monday challenge was a colour challenge. 


The three colours I had to play with were Shaded Spruce, Grey Granite and Melon Mambo.

This colour combination was pretty tricky, as I would never put Shaded Spruce and Melon Mambo together normally! I started with a Grey Granite card base and matted it with a piece of Melon Mambo DSP from the Plaid Tidings collection.

I then took a piece of Whisper White and stamped the image from the new Hey Girlfriend stamp set in black memento ink. I coloured it in with Stampin’ Blends giving the dress a gorgeous Shaded Spruce colour.

Finally I stamped the sentiment from the retired Balloon Celebration stamp set, punched it with the Banner Duo punch and layered it with another piece of the Plaid Tidings DSP. I adhered the sentiment under the girl image using dimensionals. 

I mounted the image on to a piece of Grey Granite before adhering the whole piece onto the front of the card. 

This card is for my teenage niece’s birthday so I made sure the girl’s hair was coloured in the same gorgeous auburn colour as my lovely niece’s hair.

Thanks for reading,

Bec x



1 comment:

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...