Friday 12 February 2021

Alphabet Challenge - Fire

 This week’s alphabet challenge was really tricky - F for Fire.

I didn’t think I had any fire related stamps or dies then I found this tiny stamp of a fireplace and Christmas tree. It was a bit small to be the centrepiece of a card so I had the idea of seeing the fireside scene through a window.

To create the card I started with a white card base and covered the front in this brick effect DSP to represent the wall of a house.

On a small white rectangle I stamped the image in black memento ink and coloured it using Stampin’ Write pens. I normally prefer the blends but with the image being so small I needed a bit more accuracy!

I adhered two vellum pieces on either side of the image to look like curtains, then finally added strips of wood effect DSP around the edge to make a window frame. The panel was then mounted to the front of the card. 

I wasn’t sure where to put the sentiment so after trying various spots it ended up slightly offset. It’s interesting how some cards seem to come together really easily and others not so much. I’m not overly happy with the finished result of this card, and probably won’t use this stamp again in a hurry.

Thanks for reading,

Bec x



1 comment:

  1. It's clever the way you have thought the card through and I think, has turned out really well. The little stamp would probably be great on a 4" x 4" card blank if you were ever to use it again. Well done for staying with it xx

    ReplyDelete

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...