Saturday 20 February 2021

Piano birthday card

I made this card for my piano teacher’s birthday, it was really fun to do and was made almost entirely from scraps making it a great stash buster.


I started with a black card base and added a strip of double sided sticky tape horizontally across the front about a third of the way up. I cut lots of white strips measuring 1.5cm and attached them to the sticky tape to create the white keys.

Next I took my Classic label punch and punched out the black keys. I trimmed one pointed end off of each one to make them square. These were then adhered on top of the white keys. I cute a black panel and put it across the top half of the card over the top of the keys.

Finally I stamped the sentiment from the retired Perennial Birthday stamp set and layered it onto a piece of red cardstock before adhering it to the front of the card. A bit of bling finished it off nicely.

I’m really happy with the way this card turned out and it goes to show you really don’t need many supplies to create something very personal for someone. 

Thanks for reading,

Bec x

1 comment:

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...