Tuesday 2 February 2021

Minecraft Birthday Card

Today is my youngest son’s 8th birthday. Like every other child, he’s celebrating his birthday in a bit of a different way than usual this year. Tonight we’ll be getting a takeaway pizza and he’s having a ‘Zoom’ baking party with his friends on Saturday. As well as loving baking, he’s a huge Minecraft fan so I’ve made him this creeper card for his birthday.


To create this card, I cut lots of 1cm wide strips in various shades of green card. I wove them together and stuck them down onto card and trimmed into a square. I then layered this onto black and white mats to create the border. I cut the black creeper face and adhered it on top of the green woven panel.

Next I took a black card base and stamped the word Birthday on the bottom right corner in Whisper White. I die cut ‘8th’ and adhered it above the birthday. Lastly I added the creeper onto the black card base. 

This was a fun card to make although it involved a lot more sticking than I usually go for!

Thanks for reading,

Bec x



2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card!! I hope your son has a fantastic birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your Son and what an amazing card! Hope he enjoys his Pizza his 'Zoom' baking party on Saturday sounds great fun x

    ReplyDelete

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...