Wednesday 17 February 2021

Embossed birthday card

Our team challenge this week was ‘Embossing’, something that I don’t do much of normally. I don’t have many embossing folders but I love this retired Lovely Lace folder and decided to ink it up for a dramatic effect.



I layered the embossed panel onto a Pool Party mat and mounted it onto a Whisper White card base.

Next I stamped the frame from the new hostess set Punch Party in Pool Party then the sentiment from Peaceful Moments in Gorgeous Grape. I punched it with the Rectangular Postage Punch then punched a further two shapes in Pool Party to create a border for the sentiment. 

I mounted this onto the card front and finished off with a ribbon bow.

The front of the card looks nice but I did manage to get ink absolutely everywhere including the back of the card so it will require a bit of surgery onto a new card base before it gets sent to anyone. I think my embossing skills could certainly do with a bit of practice!!

Thanks for reading,

Bec x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...