Monday 1 March 2021

Best of Cluck card

Here’s another card from the Alphabet Challenge. As you have probably guessed, this one was from the ‘C’ week for Chicken.


I don’t own any chicken themed stamps or dies so I thought I’d try my hand at a bit of punch art. I started with punching a circle in yellow card and sliced a portion off to create the body. The tail feathers were created with the splashes from the Whale Builder punch and a heart for the wing. I used a portion of the decorative ribbon punch for the top of his head and a tiny sliver of orange card for the beak. I sponged a little ink across the body for texture.

Once my chicken was assembled, I used my Cricut’s drawing function to create the sentiment on a piece of white card, then using Distress Ink I stencilled the clouds across the top of the card. I added a piece of DSP, the chicken, then finally drew his legs on in black.

The image was them mounted onto yellow card and centred on a white card base.

I’m not in love with the finished product but it was a good brain workout trying to create a chicken out of punch shapes!

Thanks for reading,

Bec x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...