Wednesday 10 March 2021

Igloo Christmas card

Last week’s alphabet challenge was I for Igloo. I don’t have any igloo images in my stash so it took a while for this idea to form in my head, but once I knew what I wanted to do it was actually a very quick and easy make.


I cut a pile of white card scraps into rectangles then glued them onto a piece of black card stock in a brickwork pattern. I then cut the top into a curve and cut a circle in the middle using a 2 1/4 inch punch. I then immediately regretted punching the hole and put another piece of black card behind it to form the doorway. I layered this onto some silver card then adhered the whole thing to a Night of Navy card base.

On a piece of scrap white, I stamped the Eskimo image from the retired Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set in black, and the sentiment in Misty Moonlight. I coloured the Eskimo in with Stampin’ Blends, punched it out, and added it to the front of the card using Dimensionals. 

Finally I punched the sentiment with the banner punch and backed it with a piece of Night of Navy before mounting it onto the front of the card.

Thanks for reading,

Bec x





1 comment:

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...