Sunday 14 March 2021

Christmas Card Challenge - Balloons and Streamers

This week’s theme is normally more associated with birthdays than Christmas, so it was a bit of a challenge to incorporate balloons into a Christmas card.


I decided that traditional colours would look more Christmassy so I started with a Shaded Spruce card base and layered a Real Red DSP mat on top.

Next I took a piece of Whisper White and stamped the sentiment from the retired Balloon Adventures stamp set at the bottom in black, then randomly stamped the streamers over it using Bumblebee ink. I added this panel to the card base.

Onto a piece of scrap white, I stamped and punched the balloons in Shaded Spruce and Real Red and attached a piece of linen thread behind. I then stamped, coloured and punched Santa from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and attached Santa and the balloons to the front of the card using Dimensionals. 

I was pretty happy with the end result and I think Santa looks pretty happy too!

Thanks for reading,

Bec x

1 comment:

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...