Sunday 19 July 2020

A Piece of Cake card

Like many crafters, I have an embarrassingly large collection of pretty paper, so I've been trying to use some of it up recently. Here I used the colours in the patterned paper to inspire the cake colours which tied the whole card together nicely.


To create this card, I started with a standard A6 white card base and added a mat of purple cardstock measuring 99x142mm and adhered it centrally to the card base. I cut a piece of patterned paper measuring 35x136mm and adhered it to the left of the purple panel allowing a 3mm border all around. Then added a panel of white cardstock measuring 55x136mm on the right hand side of the purple panel.

Next I took my Piece of Cake stamp set and stamped a plate, candles and two cakes using memento black ink onto a piece of scrap card. I punched the shapes out using the cake punch (fussy cut the candles) then coloured them all in using Stampin Blends to tone in with the patterned paper.


I carefully snipped apart the layers of the spotty/stripey cake and adhered all the pieces onto the white panel to create a four tiered cake.

This is an easy card to recreate and it could be done in any colour. Here is another colourway using the same technique.


Of course there is no limit to how many layers your cake could have - just keep piling them up and see how tall you can make it.

Thanks for reading!

Bec x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...