Sunday 5 July 2020

Darling Label Punch hack and elegant card

I love the Darling Label Punch set from Stampin' Up! but the punch shape isn't that big and can often look a little bit insignificant when using it on a card. I came up with this easy hack to make a background mat for the punch, which makes it stand out a lot better on a card. I used it on this elegant birthday card. 


To make the card, I folded a white card base, and adhered a strip of designer paper backed by a Seaside Spray mat. Super simple.

Next I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of scrap card and punched it out. I then punched a further two shapes out of the Seaside Spray cardstock. I cut each of these in half diagonally creating four triangle shapes.


Next adhere two of the triangle shapes to the back of the sentiment, overlapping the edge evenly on each side.


Lastly add the remaining triangles on the other two corners. 


Add the sentiment to the card using dimensionals, stick on  a jaunty bow, and your card is finished!

I hope you find this little hack helpful, it often works on odd shapes so if you have any punches like this why not give it a go?

Thanks for reading!

Bec x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...