Wednesday 15 July 2020

A Good Luck card using a heart punch

I've said it before, but I love love love punches for quick and easy shape cutting. Here is a 'Good Luck' card made by using a heart punch in a slightly unusual way.


To make this card, I took an A6 card base in green, and layered a piece of silver cardstock 99x142mm centrally on the front. Before I adhered it to the card base I cut the silver label shape out of the middle, using the label die from the Lakeside die set.

Next I took a piece of white cardstock measuring 93x136mm and stamped a random pattern all over it using a stamp from the Perennial Birthday stamp set and Lemon Lime Twist ink. I also stamped a 'Good Luck' sentiment onto a piece of white scrap and cut it out using the smaller label die from the Lakeside die set.



To make the four leaf clover, I took a piece of green cardstock and punched out four heart shapes. I also cut a curved sliver of green cardstock to make the stem.


Finally I assembled the card by adhering the white cardstock onto the card front, then arranging the heart punch cuts to form a four leaf clover and adhering them. The sentiment was attached using dimensionals.

You could also use this design for St Patricks Day and use a different sentiment.

Thanks for reading!

Bec x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...