Wednesday 22 July 2020

Butterfly postage stamp card



This card was inspired by a piece of butterfly patterned paper that I've had in my stash for a long time. I wasn't sure how to use it on either a card or a scrapbook layout so I took my Rectangular Postage punch and started chopping!


To cut the 'stamps' to the correct size, I first cut out the image on three sides, then I reinserted the paper into the punch to cut the fourth side out.


When I had enough images I adhered them to a piece of white cardstock.


Next I took a piece of Seaside Spray cardstock measuring 99x142mm and added a ribbon around the bottom, adhering with double sided sticky tape. I then stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment on scrap card using Crumb Cake ink and added some gems. This was adhered on top of the ribbon.


Finally I adhered the Seaside Spray cardstock onto a white card base, then added the butterfly panel using Dimensionals.

I also made one with a Terracotta Tile mat. Which colour do you prefer?


Thanks for reading!

Bec x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...