Sunday 31 January 2021

Happy Birthday card

Our Stampin Birds team has started doing a Monday morning challenge, and our first one this week was a Tic Tac Toe. If you haven’t heard of one of these before, it’s a 3x3 grid with nine elements to choose from. You have to select a line of three and incorporate these elements into a card.

Here is the card I came up with:



And this is the Tic Tac Toe grid. I chose the top line, using circles, birthday and favourite colour. 

To make the card I started with a Bumblebee card base and layered it with a piece of white card. I then took a square of the patterned circle paper and sliced it across diagonally. I positioned the two pieces on the front of the card then using Pretty Peacock I stamped the sentiment in the gap. The sentiment is from the Perennial Birthday stamp set.

I then took some more Bumblebee cardstock and punched two borders with the Decorative Ribbon punch. I adhere these just behind the patterned paper before adhering them to the front of the card.

I am looking forward to more weekly challenges; it’s a great way to inspire creativity and push you to try new things.

Thanks for reading,

Bec x


1 comment:

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...