Friday 29 January 2021

Christmas Card Challenge - Chocolate

This year I am participating in a 52 week challenge called ‘Make One Christmas Card Every Week’. The challenge is run by a Facebook group of the same name, and every week there is an optional theme to follow. The idea of the challenge is that by the time Christmas comes around you have your cards all made without the last minute rush! As we send quite a lot of cards I’ve been making two per week, but I generally make two identical cards as it’s almost as quick as making one. 

The Week 1 theme was Chocolate, so I’ve created this card using the Nothing’s Better Than stamp and die set.


I used a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock as my base and matted a piece of DSP from the Plaid Tidings collection on top. I stamped and die cut the chocolates from Nothings Better Than and adhered them to a piece of Shaded Spruce to create a chocolate box. I stamped the word chocolate on top with the Whisper White ink.

Using the Gift Wrapped stamps I stamped the bow on scrap card with Cherry Cobbler ink and cut out with the coordinating punch. Lastly a tiny sentiment from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set, and then assembled it all as shown. 

This was my first card for the challenge, and I found it quite easy as I had stamps on the right theme. Future weeks may not be quite as straightforward but I plan to keep up with it. Please subscribe if you’d like to see more cards from the challenge.

Thanks for reading,

Bec x


1 comment:

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...