Wednesday 27 January 2021

Nothing's Better Than birthday card

Hi everyone,

Here's a card I made for my daughter's 9th birthday using the Nothing's Better Than stamps and dies from the current Stampin' Up! annual catalogue.


This was an extra large card using a full sheet of A4 Rococo Rose for the base. I layered it with two sheets of Smoky Slate DSP.

 I then took a rectangle of Whisper White cardstock, on which I stamped the word 'Chocolate' all over in Smoky Slate.


Using a piece of scrap I stamped the chocolate image in black seven times then filled it in with various shades of brown, using the stamping off technique to make some of them paler than others. I cut out all the chocolates with the co-ordinating dies and die cut the words from Smoky Slate cardstock.


To assemble the card, I tied an organza bow around the white panel and adhered it to the front of the cardbase on top of the DSP. I adhered the die cut words directly onto the card but popped the chocolates up on dimensionals to give them a 3D effect.

My daughter is a huge chocoholic and absolutely loved the card.

If you enjoyed this please subscribe to my blog so you don't miss any future crafty posts!

Thanks for reading,

Bec x


1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous card Becs - A girl after my own heart with the chocolate lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Fun Fold Card using Designer Series Paper

As it's been ages since this blog has seen any action, I thought I'd join in on my team blog hop this weekend. This is a lovely card...